Friday, January 6, 2012

Interesting Word Study

Good morning everyone!! So this morning I kind of got a little distracted with my study and ended up looking up Greek and Hebrew definitions. This Bible was of course as most of you know not written in English so I like to look up what certain words mean in those languages and I always find it means something different than ours so it helps me get a better understanding of God's word. Now God never contradicts His word but I believe God does not have a problem contradicting our understanding of it. Remember He is God we are sheep (dumb) and I know we think we are so great but He does have to talk down to us.

Anyway back to it, I was looking up for the word Power in Greek and Hebrew and here is what I found.

English: Power - great or marked ability to do, strength, might
Greek: δύναμη (dynami) - miracle, force, effort, strength, vigor, authority
Hebrew: כוח - strength, vigor, force, ability, wealth

So the word I wanted to point out that caught my eye was wealth. One of the definitions of Power in Hebrew is wealth. Makes me want to take another look at a previous verse I posted about.


A good man leaves an inheritance to his children's children: and the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just. - Proverbs 13:22


So if you read the other post I was sharing how the Lord showed me he was not talking about an inheritance of money, that is just our greedy little selfish selves talking but He was talking about spiritual wisdom and learning from the great servants of the Lord that went before us to be passed down from generation to generation.

K so that was a small recap but it made me think about the second statement and the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just. Lets go ahead and say it a different way and the power of the sinner is laid up for the just or and the authority of the sinner is laid up for the just, or and the strength of the sinner is laid up for the just.


Now we can use many of those terms in the definitions, but doesn't this scripture look a little different when we are not using money as the definition of the word wealth?? I seriously was blown back when I read the definitions and it just made more sense to me that God would have most likely been referring to the sinners power over the earth (satans power over the earth)  is saved up for the righteous??? This is the old testament so think about it in new testament understanding. Who was righteous? Jesus so lets change how we say it again the power of the sinner is stored up for the righteous Jesus

Jesus takes back the authority from satan so we can have dominion in Jesus name, takes back all authority and power storing it for the righteous. So we are the righteous ones now in Jesus name and we have access to his power anytime.

Funny while I am sitting here writing this its like I get pieces to the revelation, anyone who has had revelation knows it does not always complete at once, we can get fragments depending upon our understanding and where we are on our walk with God so this makes sense in my head but verbalizing it seems to come out a little different.

God is so awesome and I do not mind the fragments because it only makes me search even harder for the answer and what I love about that is the more I search the more I find Him, so thank you Lord for knowing me so well and giving me a great excitement in finding all the mysteries in your word! I love and adore you!

Lord we ask that whoever reads this post you will grant revelation as they read your word Proverbs 13:22. I pray you will give hunger and desire to know you and your word for whoever reads this in Jesus Name. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment