Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Secrets

Have you ever just been sitting there and all of a sudden a memory comes out of no where? Its like it was gone and now its back. The memory didn't cross your mind in years and all of the sudden its back. What do you do with this memory? So it happened to me the other day and I must say I was surprised. But I knew if it came to my heart there was a reason for it. So I said okay God is this something I need to address??

I have been working on all my apologies and clearing my conscience of past wrongs toward people and this happened to be one of them. So a secret I had been keeping.

When I was 16 I gave my first born up for adoption, one of the best decisions I had made but a few years later someone brought to my attention another person I was with at a very similar time. This made me question who his biological father really was. So this thought came and went and 14 years later God brought it back to my mind. So what do I do with this? I didn't think it was necessary to tell anyone, why its been 14 years and he has his own family so who care right? (I know it sounds harsh but those where my thoughts) But I really felt the Lord say you do know know 100% and you need to let certain people know about that. So I must say I  reasoned with myself for a week trying to find a way out of it but I finally said okay God if I need to address this then I will. So yesterday was that day. I have to tell you it took all day to get the words out of my mouth but I finally did it and it was freeing.

God showed me I was worried about what people thought about me and it wasn't important. If it was important than why did I keep this secret from myself and others? Why couldn't I talk about it?

It had become a stronghold on my life and I didnt even know it, so I had to handle it so I could move on. Honestly I am a bit afraid of what else is hidden in there but I know whatever God reminds me of is for a reason. Its to set me free and humble me in the process.

Are you keeping secrets?? Confession is one of the best ways to address that, let God set you free today!

No comments:

Post a Comment